WHO WE ARE
Sealand Building Group is a leading design | build construction services company focused on Food Processing | Cold Storage | Distribution | Agri-Food | Special Projects.
Since 1975, we have worked around the corner and across the country helping build the food industry. Driven by our strong core values, we feel business is personal. We have a desire to give and be rooted in our community. We want to have a go at it, have fun doing it, and make a difference. For more information, please visit our website at sealandgroup.ca.
At Sealand, we are always looking for the right people. Our employees are hardworking, dedicated team members who are committed to delivering high quality – every time. We expect accountability, flexibility, and collaboration. In return we promise respect, rewards and an environment that will support best in industry work on quality projects, surrounded by a great team.
Sealand has an opportunity for a Construction Project Coordinator to join and support our team of construction professionals.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be involved in the full lifecycle of a project from design and planning, pre-construction, construction, to project close-out
- Maintain effective communication and ensure all stakeholders are informed and up to date
- Assist project team to keep moving the project forward through strong written and verbal communication, document control and awareness of critical timelines
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date shop drawings, track the status of RFI’s, obtain quotations for notices of change, update and assemble as-built documents
- Conduct quality control activities, inspection programs and periodic updating of construction progress and safety records
- Work alongside and regularly communicate with owners, architects, trade contractors and engineers to identify, develop, implement, and support cost-effective project delivery
- A Construction | Engineering degree or diploma program from an accredited college or university is required
- Understand construction and project management processes and project delivery sequences
- Very comfortable with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Project scheduling software
- A safety-first mentality, understanding the importance of safety both at the office and on project sites
- A valid driver’s license
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Professional | Strong core values
- Proactive | Positive | Energetic
- Ability to work independently and meet goals & deadlines without prompting
- A sense of urgency as it relates to meeting deadlines and delivering a quality product
- An “all hands-on deck” mentality and are not afraid to get your hands dirty to do what’s needed to get the job done
- Quick learner yet confident to know when to ask for help
- Creatively solve problems and make sound, educated decisions
- Task oriented with an outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Developing relationships with customers, trade contractors, suppliers, co-workers is important to you
- Strong ability to work positively with customers, suppliers, trade contractors, project team, and management to achieve a common goal of finishing projects on time and on budget
- You work hard, play hard, and make a difference in your community
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Professional Education and Training
- Safety Education and Training
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plan
- Use of Company Vehicles
- A Great Team Environment